Coalitions Activate in Response to Fentanyl Crisis
Substance use prevention coalitions from across Arizona are working together in a first-of-its-kind effort to save lives in Arizona. With the alarming rise of fentanyl and counterfeit pill deaths, coalition leaders created a toolkit to aid communities in preventing and reversing overdoses. The toolkit contains educational materials and resources that can be customized for each community the coalition serves.
The following substance use prevention coalitions contributed to this toolkit and are utilizing the materials and resources to prevent and reduce overdoses and build healthier communities across Arizona.
- Apache County Youth Council
- Casa Grande Alliance
- Chandler Coalition Against Youth Substance Abuse
- Copper Basin Coalition
- Fountain Hills Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- Graham County Substance Abuse Coalition
- Greenlee County Substance Abuse Coalition
- Help Enrich African American Lives
- HOPE Coconino
- Marana Prevention Alliance
- Mayahuel Prevention Consortium
- Mayahuel Prevention Consortium II – Douglas
- Mesa Prevention Alliance
- Mohave Substance Abuse Treatment & Education Partnership
- Nexus Coalition for Drug Prevention
- PAACE Coalition
- Peoria Primary Prevention
- Pima County Community Prevention Coalition
- South Mountain W.O.R.K.S. Coalition
- Tempe Coalition to Reduce Underage Drinking and Drug Use
- Santa Cruz County Drug Free Community Coalition
- Southeast Valley Community Alliance
- Stand Up AJ
- United Prevention: Surprise and El Mirage
- Way Out West Coalition
In addition, the following organizations contributed to the contents of this toolkit. Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, Health Choice, Arizona High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, and Compass Evaluation and Research.
Select a section below to view available elements of the toolkit.
Learn how to present the community education presentations available in the toolkit with these videos.
Enroll in SACLAZ
Are you a substance abuse coalition leader in Arizona?
SACLAz is a group of coalition leaders focused on primary prevention, preventing youth use of drugs and alcohol. Join today to help strengthen and support the collective impact of substance abuse coalitions in our state.